As soon as I got home, I changed into my pjs and hopped into bed. I slept for almost 3 hours and woke up in a cold sweat. So I basically fought a fever the entire night. Luckily I have such nice friends that were worried about me that helped me out. Breanna brought me up water and gently forced me to drink and take meds:) Thank you beans!!! Emily would change my cold wash rag for my forehead and since I still had a pretty bad fever they turned my fan off and Emily lent me her little fan. When morning came, I felt gentle hands touch my face to see if I was warm or not and Breanna, gotta love this girl, got up at 5am to check on me and she called Eren to tell her I needed to go to the doctor. Then Breanna and Emily so graciously walked to school to my classroom to find my social security card before the sun was up. They searched for it for my card for a long time and had no such luck. So they came back and very slowly I was going to go with them to find the card and since my mental abilities were faultering, I forgot that I put it in my purse.....so we did find it but I owe them big time for getting up early and trying to get that for me. Thank guys!!
So I went back to sleep after they left and Eren called me around 8am and she came over to see how I was and to see if I was in the morning or the afternoon for the social security (Mexico has a national health plan so when you get sick you go to the social security place). This was a day for of "thanks to God moments." The first moment was when we found out I am in the afternoon, so Eren sent the chaufer to sign me up for the afternoon and she said she would be back around 1ish. She made sure to remind me to try and eat some toast with jelly-no butter and some 7up:) haha...So I fell asleep until she came back to get me at 1 and we were off. We got to the social security place and it was huge and there were tons and tons of people there. Thanks to God moment #2 was that we got a parking space right in front and that never happens! It was quite a sight. We walk in and we had to go to the fourth floor and since I am under the number 27, I had to go down a long hallway to that door. Well we finally get there and we have to wait and of course there is confusion. I was signed up to be the number 4 person however, they only allow 3 people to go without an appointment. So we thought I would have to try the next day. So here comes in Thanks to God # 3, the number 3 person didn't show up, so I got to take their spot. We were pretty happy about it!! So Eren told me to sit down and wait until the nurse called my name because she had to leave but she would be back to pick me up.
Well I thought no big deal. I know how to explain my ailments in Spanish. However, I was wrong! About 10 minutes after she left, the lady called my name and I handed her my social security card and she put the information in the computer but my name wasn't there. So is the fastest spanish ever she was trying to explain that I had to go to this other place to get it fixed. So I go and try to find that place but it was a no go. So I come back and she flet bad for me and gave me a hug and took my arm to help me find it. We get to the room and they can't seem to help me either. So they tell me to go downstairs and get a vijencia. So I go all the way downstairs where there is a line of prolly 100 some people. So I join the others in this line and it was sooooo warm. The whole time I was there I kept thinking and hoping that Erendira would walk through the door. Finally, She comes strolling in through the door right before it was my turn to speak with the lady at the window. Man what a sigh of relief, the whole time I was waiting in line I was trying to figure out what I was going to say and how I was going to say. It was a good thing Eren came when she did because she and the lady went back and forth in quick heated Spanish and finally they figured it out and I could go back upstairs and get back in line to be seen.
So after we get back upstairs, I had to wait about another 30 minutes before I was seen. When I finally got into the room, it took about 15 minutes haha...I had to lay down on this weird cloth cot and she poked around on my stomach and decided I had a bad stomach infection. So she prescribed me 5 different medications. In my mind I was thinking oh great 5 different meds, how much is that going to cost me. Well actually it was all free so that was sweet!! All we had to do was take it to the pharmacy and boom boom boom, I got my drugs:). Well all I can say 5 long, exhausting hours later, I got some meds and I got the sheet of paper that will let me still get paid because we don't get sick days. So I guess it was worth it:)...especially since we were headed to Mazatlan that FRIDAY for our mini vacaction. Malita was kind enough to make a schedule for my medications! It was actually really helpful and I looked at it all the time!!! I owe my roomies big time for all of the help they gave me!! THANK YOU:) The rest of the week, I didn't go to school and I just stayed home to rest and recover. I was however curious how my kids were acting for those three days I didn't go to school. I am a tad worried. ;)
2 comments:
It is nice to have true friends. Glad to hear you are better and made the mini vaca. Heard that was great. Things will have to get better now. ;-)
Whose hairy arm is that?! Oh..wait...
Post a Comment