Well as many you know and are thinking to yourselves as you are reading this that I am not very good at keeping up with my blog. I am not sure why I find so much trouble in updating you with my life. I do put off things until the last minute many times and maybe this is one of those things haha...Also, I am crazy busy with 3rd and 4th graders...however I will try harder I promise! I am having difficulty remembering what I did since Oct. 24th so be patient:) and following the headings:)
Juanes
This really was an awesome concert! I loved every moment of it and Juanes is definitely more good looking in person. I knew a lot of the songs and heard some new good ones to add to my list. One of the reasons I knew a lot of the songs is because of my friend Val. She loves Juanes more than I do and we would listen to the whole cd many nights when I was an RA in college. OH the memories:)......We actually had pretty good seats and I would say that it was well worth the money. I even got a sweet tee out of the deal.
Goat/Cotton Ranch
A couple of weekends ago a family invited Emily, Krista, Joanna, Erin, Genevive, Lesley, and I to there ranch outside of Torreon. It was about an hour drive to get to this ranch and we had to take little curvy roads. Some were paved and some were gravel but even though it was still a rough ride haha. They had a long gravel drive way that led through their cotton fields and farm machinery. When we got there it was a cute little authentic ranch with goats everywhere. We were going to the goat farm but apparently it had flooded and so they decided to have their little get together at their cotton ranch. These people crack me up because they are uber rich and have two huge farms which allows them to have the choice of which farm to go to when they want to get away on the weekends. The house was nice and quiant and very inviting. That is the one thing about all of the families is that they are all very warm and welcoming. The US could learn a thing or two about hospitality. When the mom's were cooking the food, the kids took us on a little tour of the farm. There were goats everywhere and it felt like I was in rural MN or IA, or at the Freeborn County Fair in the goat barn; except we were in the middle of the desert:). There were lots of cute baby goats that we go to feed and hold. In amongest the goats was the cutest little boy chasing the goats, and we somehow ended up keeping an eye on him.
After the tour of the goats, we hopped on some 4-wheelers and went for a spin. It was a lot of fun tooling around in the desert with cacti. One of the moms was a harley chick and she taught me how to run a stick shift 4-wheeler sooooo that was interesting and exciting. Emily chose to ride behind me hahaha. When we got back, the food was ready and let me tell you it was QUITE the feast. There were grilled ribs, hotdogs, hamburgers, quesadillas, cheese, crackers, any kind of veggie you wanted. Let's just say I haven't ate that good in a while, and they would continue to shove it down our throats..of course in the most pleasant way hahaha. One of the mom's made me a special burger with anything and everything on it. It was delicioso but MESSY. After the scrumptious meal, Krista, Lesely and I headed out on the 4wheelers again. This time Lesley and I got filthy from all of the dust. It was quite humorous and we were also got lost for a while but thankfully myself with the help of Lesely got ourselves back to where we needed to go. When we got back everyone laughed at our expense because we took off our sunglasses and there were lines of dirt everywhere. Lesley's hair was gray and looked like she aged a few years. After we got brushed off and clean it was getting dusk and Krista volunteered herself and I to drive the 4wheelers to the other ranch. I was hesitant from the begining because she got us lost earlier that day and well she got us lost again in the pitch black. I admit it was a a little scary but well we got back and everything is well again:) It was nice getting out of the city and I would love to do it again!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah an update ;-) Sounds like you had fun. See you soon
Post a Comment