Sunday, January 25, 2009
There is a God!!....and his name is Tomas
Well I would have to say last weekend, I had one of the most up and down weekends I have ever had en mi vida. It all started out on a pleasant Sunday morning. Emily and I decided we would go grocery shopping and then go to a fresh fruit and fresh vegetable market called Abastos. Well, the day goes on without a hitch. We get into the taxi, he take us to H.E.B (where we get some American things like tator tots haha) and about 45 min later we are in line and I go to get out my wallet and wouldn't you know IT WASN'T there!!! At this moment, I felt like crying and throwing up haha. My life was in this wallet. Emily did do a good job of trying to call me down and made me realize that I still had most important things at home but still I was upset. So I figured that I some how left it in the taxi cab. How? I have no idea but nontheless it was lost and after talking to our principal, it was lost forever. So when we get home from our shopping I went to get the groceries out of the trunk of the cab and smacked my head on the door and had a long and huge bump across my forhead. So I am crying and laughing and Emily can hardly walk because she is laughing so hard. Just picture me sitting on the couch with a bag of ice cubes on my head trying to skype my mom. After talking to my mom, I had to call wellsfargo and cancel my cards and discuss my accounts. The lady I spoke to was extremely nice and it seemed like it would be a somewhat easy fix. Then as soon as I froze one of my accounts the doorbell rang and Emily was like WHO IS THAT?! we don't have time for this hahaha. So she runs out there, screams, and comes back in the house with.........MY WALLET. What are the odds!? Seriously. The taxi man remembered where we lived and was nice enough to come all the way back here. Everything inside was untouched. So meanwhile I am on the phone with the wellsfaro lady and I say well actually can you unfreeze my accounts?! because the taxi man just came back to our house with my wallet. She paused and said well I need to get my supervisor, in all of my years in costumer service this hasn't happened hahaha. I can't tell you how happy and grateful I was/am. I gave him 100 pesos for his act of kindness. All I can say is what a day and it just goes to show that there are nice people out in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment