Friday
Yay for pay day!! It always makes for a fun weekend when pay day falls the day before the weekend!! My vacation started out fun. I was invited to one of my student's house for lunch and it was tasty. We went to her grandmas house for lunch. I thought that there wouldn't be other people there but when I opened the door, there was a house full. Apparently every friday the entire family comes over for lunch. I was amongest all the aunts, uncles, and cousins. This house was AMAZING, just beautiful and fancy. I really couldn't get over how nice it was. After lunch we headed to the girl's house in Las Villas. Las Villas is like a gated community and man is it WEALTHY! I step out of their fancy surburban and go into their house and it was a wow moment. I just stood their marveling at all of their things. It definitely was too fancy for me but regardless it was NICE!! All of the artwork was done by the mom and she told me about her paintings and how long they took her to make. I was in awe by her talent and she just paints for fun. One of her stories cracked me up because it started out with "So my mom and I were traveling around Spain for a couple of months and decided to take this art class......" Yeah I travel around the world all the time taking art classes haha. The kids' rooms looked like they were out of the Pottery Barn for kids. Just awesome rooms. I didn't end up leaving until 10pm!!! It was quite the night haha.
Saturday
I slept in on Saturday and had a lazy morning. I did some laundry and washed dishes until I had a birthday party for one of my students at the movie theater. When Emily and I got to the theater, just picture 14 crazy 8 year old girls yelling MISS JENNA!! It was funny and I had to practically draw straws for who would sit by me haha. It was also comical because I decided to wear my contacts and I haven't worn them at school yet so they haven't seen them so everyone's first comment was "and your lentes, miss" haha. They don't miss a single thing. One thing Emily and I didn't expect was that the mom had rented the whole theater just for this party. We watched the movie Bolt in 3d by ourselves in this huge theater. There was a movie feast, there was popcorn, pop, pizza, nachos, hotdogs, etc. The kids kept asking Emily and I if we understood the movie because it was all in Spanish. It makes me laugh because daily they asked me questions in Spanish and I respond to them in English and it doens't occurr to them that I do ineed know some Spanish:). The girls were crazy and laughing and being normal 8 year old girls so by the end of the movie, both Emily and I were exhausted haha.
When we got home, we chilled for a bit and decided to go for a nice dinner to Italianis (one of our faves). It was a very nice time and when we got home, we were invited by some friends to go to a new dance club called Love. So Emily and I decided to give it a try. I want you to picture Emily and I showing up to this place in somewhat casual attire. Well we were definitely under dressed but no one seemed to mind. Normally you have to wait for hours to get into this place but since our friend's cousin was the owner we not only didn't have to wait, we got in for free haha. It was a pretty awesome place and we want to go there again. I met a lot of new people and they were sooo nice. Just very nice people and here we didn't know them very well and they invited us to their super bowl party. Most of the people here are very genuine and I find it very refreshing. We left the club a little early because we wanted to go to church the next day. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out.
Sunday
Emily and I decided we would go to mass at the Cristo in the morning. The cristo is a huge staue at the top of a mountain and they have mass there every Sunday. It was a beautiful morning and it was definitely a good decison. During mass, there was a cat roaming around which just cracked me up. I knew most of the songs because at school we have mass once a month. Singing is my favorite part of church!! After church we walked around a bit and took some pics. When we were ready to leave we had to call a taxi and it turned out to be a lot of work. When the taxi finally showed up we decided to take advantage of it and we went to the statue of Torreon and the Eifle Tower statue. It was pretty humorous because a-we looked like tourists and b-we had a smilely cute old taxi man take our pictures haha. He was very pleasant. When we were done sight seeing, we got some Subway at the mall and walked around. Emily got a cute new dress. Our day started out at 11 and we didn't get home until 5:30 haha. We were invited to a super bowl party with our friends from the club but we decided we were too tired and that we would take advantage of the 2 for 1 meals at Ok Maguey. So we met Rocio and Lily there and had a fun time talking over dinner. When Emily and I got home, we were pooped out and fell asleep around 11 because of our packed day!! But it is ok because Monday we don't have school!!! Yay another day to sleep in and I love it!!!
(View from the top of the Cristo)
2 comments:
Great Blog, glad you get to mix fun with your work. Don't forget to enjoy the little things in life like just time to do nothing. I could use some of that. Love you
Jenna,
I am glad you got to do some sightseeing. I envy you in that warm sunny spot! What a wonderful cab driver; I am sure you said a prayer of thanks over that one! I can't help but think of your Mother in that situation; I am sure she has had a few worries, but you have come through just fine! It won't be long now and you will be back in the good ol'midwest. How is the job search going? I'll keep my ears open.
Sheila
Post a Comment