This morning when I woke up, I was actually cold. I had to go and find two other blankets for warmth. Can you believe it?! We had to be up and downstairs for an inventory meeting (meaning we were told what was in the house and it better be there when we leave:)) Before the meeting, I got in a good 9 hours rest, unpacked my bags, and took a refreshing shower.
After our inventory meeting, we decided to do some roommate bonding over Azucaradas and LaLa (frosted flakes and boxed milk), and In Her Shoes. This whole idea of boxed milk is new for me, and I was hesitant but I decided that I'm doing everything open mindedly on this adventure. It wasn't bad at all, even if I am not a big milk fan!
After the movie, we headed to get some lunch at a nice little place and it hit the spot. We got to get out of the sun and cool off. We all would agree that we were sweating, no not sweating, dripping... from head to toe. We ate tacos de pastor which was chopped up marinated pork tacos. It was delicioso especially with the lime and pineapple. Those of you, who know me, know that I drink diet pop, however, I actually drank a coke and it satisfied me. But maybe it was because I was so thirsty and I was willing to drink anything;).
The rest of the afternoon was calm and relaxing. My time was spent doing random things on the computer, taking fun pics, and hanging out while listening to some musica. I guess we did exert some energy in looking for Arthur (a large cockroach who mysteriously appears and disappears in Malita's bathroom). In looking for Arthur, we found one of his amigos and decided we should squash him. We weren't fast enough and he crawled back into the shower drain;). He will come again though:) and we will be ready hahaha.
Time really gets away from me here. We eat lunch later in the day and then eat supper even later. For supper we decided to make some homemade quesadillas and let me tell you we did pretty awesome for being our first quesadillas. Well I suppose I should say Breanna did an awesome job because she did the flipping and arranging of cheese and onions.....I played my part in cutting the onion:). We were a little hesitant with the cheese because it was crumbly but with the fried onion, it was pretty tasty.
The rest of the night was full of fun! There were chips, pico de gallo, margaritas, and catch phrase. We played catch phrase for a long time and even made up new rules. People were finding out that they had hidden talents in signing different words. One of the tricky rules was you could only use 5 words. It was harder than you would think because sometimes the buzzer was almost out so you would rattle off a bunch of clues and it would be past the 5 word limit. Fun was had all around and it was a chance for all of us to get to know each other more because three new girls arrived today: Megan, Emily, and Erin.
1 comment:
Jenna! i love that you have this! Have you gotten your luggage yet? oh, and if you have nothing to smash arthur and co. with, dousing them with hairspray works! ...eventually. haha! miss you!
Heather
Post a Comment