Sunday, August 24, 2008

Here goes nothin.......

It is Sunday night and I am officially exhausted. Breanna, Emily, and I spent every spare minute at school this weekend getting ready for school. Saturday we got up early and headed to school around 10 a.m. It was a great start to our day because we didn't have running water, therefore we could not shower to flush the toilet...SAWEET....I spent a lot of time in my classroom making signs, schedules, posters, bulletin boards...etc. Breanna was nice enough to help me make a traffic light for the behaviors in my classroom. The kids start out at green (doing your job) and then if they misbehave it goes to yellow (make a better choice) and if they continue, the move to red (stop the behavior). If they get to red more than 2 times throughout the week, they will need to fill out a behavior plan and get it signed by their parents. Breanna also helped me hang my alphabet on the clothes line in my room (I was a little vertically challenged). We got to a point in our planning where we needed more supplies before we moved on. Before we went shopping, we stopped at home and at a lot of left-overs because it was now 2:00pm. I honestly don't know where the time goes here....So after lunch, we headed to Waldo's Mart since it is cheap. We however couldn't find everything we needed so we walked all the way to Soriana. We looked all over Soriana for magnets and a koosh ball...they unfortunately didn't have either so we thought we would check out Wal-Mart. So we made the trek to Wal-Mart and they didn't have what we wanted either. However, we did find a cheap printer that we splurged on because we thought it would be very handy to have at home. By the time we left Wal-Mart, we were so tired that we were all in agreement that we would take a taxi.


We got back around 6pm and headed straight back to school for another couple hours. As soon as I got home, I checked to see if the water was working and I took a nice relaxing shower!! Later that night, Emily and I made BLT's for supper and Charlie, Malita, Breanna, Emily and I watched a marathon of Sister Act while we worked on stuff for school. Emily wanted to use the printer but as she was trying to set it up, she noticed we didn't have any black ink or an usb cord. So that was pretty sweet...however Charlie was kind enough to lend us his and she printed in dark blue haha...It was a late night and we all had to get up early on Sunday to go back to school.


Today I got up at 9:30 and Breanna and I headed to school. I felt like I accomplished the most today than out of all the other days. One of these reasons is because I had everything that I needed; I didn't have to run around trying to find it today. Before our break for lunch, I made my hall passes, and hung up the posters I made. Emily came and got Breanna and I for lunch and then we headed to casa A and B to pick up Erin and Megan. We wanted to get some empanadas so we thought if we got to the place early, we would have luck.....but no go. We are going to keep trying though!


After lunch, we headed back to school for some more! I was very productive and was whipping out signs and posters like crazy, all while belting songs from my iPod! I enjoyed myself. I rearranged my classroom and got my rules and procedures in order and posters. It was A LOT of work but I would say in the end it made a world of a difference. I think it is definitely has a homier feel to it. There are a lot of desks to situate which is somewhat of a challenge. I think I finally came up with an arrangement that will work. I guess we will see how it goes tomorrow. We were at school until about 7pm and it was good thing we left when we did because it was a COMPLETE downpour the rest of the night. So far we have gotten more rain than all of Torreon got total last year. We decided that we should get to bed early since it was going to be an early morning and a long day tomorrow for our first day of school!

No comments: