Saturday, August 16, 2008

Olympics + Instant Replays + 6 hours = craziness

Today was a very relaxing day. My morning consisted of eating azucaradas and watching the Jamaican man win the gold medal in the 100m a million times in replay. I have yet to figure out why it is necessary to play it over and over and over and over....I got it he broke a record and won the gold:).

Once the rest of the girls were up, a bunch of us took the trek to the pool. Let me tell you that it was refreshing and hit the spot to a warm day. There weren't too many people there and we enjoyed watching the little kids jump into the water with zero fear. The pool is rather large and there is a smaller "kiddie" pool that is just as relaxing to sit in if you want to not be totally immersed. Most of us were applying sunscreen like crazy and then Breanna pointed out this sign that said it was illegal to get into the pool with any creams or lotions on!? We may have pretended we didn't see it;) It was Breanna's lucky day though because she found 3 pesos at the bottom of the pool and one peso on the walk to the pool..WHOOP WHOOP!

After the pool, we got some grub at a cute little place that had a tv in the kitchen with a little kid about the age of 2 sitting in a chair watching Dragon Tales. He was so cute and would walk around and put things on our tables. I tried a cubana sandwich and I have to tell you it wasn't too bad. Some parts were odd but I didn't mind it. It included tomatoes, jalapeƱos, cheese, beef, some sauce, and sausage….I also had this new carbonated drink that is basically apple juice with carbonation. I have to say it is DELICIOSO! I am surprised I like it considering apples aren't my fave but it will do:).


Later that afternoon, we had plans to go to the grocery store and what not; however when the other girls came over to meet us, we saw that there was a Michael Phelps marathon on of him winning his gold medals and started watching. Well that watching turned into 6 hours of watching the Olympics! This also meant that I saw the Jamaican man win the medal in replay another 20 times and the replays of Phelps winning the medals. During this 6 hours marathon, Breanna and I made some grilled cheese and ham sandwiches to curb our hunger. The whole gang was over and we got to witness history in the making! We got to see Michael win his 8th gold medal. Yay, that means tomorrow I will prolly get to see him and the Jamaican man in instant replay ALL DAY LONG:).....but we are not going to get sucked into the Olympics for that many hours again and hopefully get to the grocery store:).

Also here are some pictures of where I am living:) It's our front door:) and the bottom is our sweet little courtyard.

**side note that I forgot to mention....for those of you who know and love Val, know about her deal with purses and what happens to them when they are on the floor, so I am sure that you will enjoy this picture because at El Castor they had a special hanger dealy for purses! So problem solved: I didn't lose any money!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin and I (Devan) would like to know if we see a Juan Rodriguez in that pool waiting for you? It sure looks like it to us. :)