It was pretty low key on Sunday; we wenjoyed our last day off before the fun begins:). Casa A, B, and D went to Soriana for some groceries. After that trip it was decided that we would never go there again on a Sunday. It was PACKED with people and carts everywhere; which was a little overwhelming. Soriana is a Mexican version of Walmart and it is run by Mexicans/created in Mexico. Soriana definitely beats out Walmart not only in price but in selections. I couldn't get over the amount of things in that store. There were fresh vegetables and fruit galore, yummy looking/smelling breads, tons of meat, more cheese than I could imagine, and tons more. We will definitely be heading back there soon because it is so close and I am sure we forgot some things because we were taken back by the size and how busy it was.
(molly get a load of those peppers! I can just imagine your mouth watering:))
After we got everything unpacked we made some more quesadillas. However, we put jalapeƱos, green peppers, onions, and a different type of cheese in them. I have to say we are getting better and better at this. I love tortillas and I honestly could eat quesadillas everyday!:) We also had some pico de gallo that was EXTREMELY hot. I've never had it quite that hot...I could hardly talk haha..
Later that afternoon, we had a phase 10 party at casa C and it was pretty intense. We had 6 teams of two and it was fun to see who hadn't played before and who had. It was a lot of fun! After cards, Emily, Breanna, Megan and I decided we would hit up Bips for some ice cream. This definitely is the place to be. Every night it is jam packed with people and after eating there I can see why. For 15 pesos ($1.50), I got a large scoop of homemade ice cream, made that day, with oreos in it. We all agreed we would be coming here very often!
For supper that night, Emily made us some delicious rice and beans. She put onions, green peppers, black beans, and tomato paste in it. It was good by itself but it was also tasty wrapped in a tortilla! She will for sure make it again because everybody loved it.
After we got everything unpacked we made some more quesadillas. However, we put jalapeƱos, green peppers, onions, and a different type of cheese in them. I have to say we are getting better and better at this. I love tortillas and I honestly could eat quesadillas everyday!:) We also had some pico de gallo that was EXTREMELY hot. I've never had it quite that hot...I could hardly talk haha..
Later that afternoon, we had a phase 10 party at casa C and it was pretty intense. We had 6 teams of two and it was fun to see who hadn't played before and who had. It was a lot of fun! After cards, Emily, Breanna, Megan and I decided we would hit up Bips for some ice cream. This definitely is the place to be. Every night it is jam packed with people and after eating there I can see why. For 15 pesos ($1.50), I got a large scoop of homemade ice cream, made that day, with oreos in it. We all agreed we would be coming here very often!
For supper that night, Emily made us some delicious rice and beans. She put onions, green peppers, black beans, and tomato paste in it. It was good by itself but it was also tasty wrapped in a tortilla! She will for sure make it again because everybody loved it.
Monday
Today we had to report to the school at 10am to go over all of our paperwork. The paperwork was the easy part. One thing that was a little comical was how we had to write and sign our names many times, and not only that, we had to write them in the Mexican way. So my new name is Jenna Rae Miller Quam...haha. The thing that was the most difficult to understand was the insurance and social security. Insurance itself is already confusing now throw in the fact that it was explained all in Spanish! I am pretty sure that I get the gist of it but I am hoping for no major injuries!
(Front row: Natalie, Breanna, Malita, Lesley, Emily, Me, Joanna)
We also got a tour of the school and it was pretty sweet. There are two floors of classrooms that form a rectangle and inside is a huge grassy area and the "gym." Yes, they get to have gym outside!..pretty sweet huh:) All of the people were very warm and welcome. I met the teacher I will be working with. She is the Spanish teacher for my kids; when they are not with me they are with her. So I will have 3rd grade in the morning and 4th in the afternoon. It is going to be an interesting year!
We also were told that there were too many boys coming and they would not fit into the house that currently housed the boys...so that meant we had to change houses with them. This did not make many people happy. Here we were all settled and getting comfortable, and now we have to move. The house we moved into isn't so bad and it doesn't smell as awful as our other one does. However, since we don't have air conditioning anymore and use something else that uses the outside air, we get this awful smell sometimes wafting into the house:). It took everyone's help in all of the houses to make the move. Before we got down to business, we got some lunch down the street, which was very delicious.
Once we got everything moved, I didn't feel like unpacking my suitcases again so instead we got some ice cream at the place on the corner named Bips. Breanna had some interesting nachos and I had a double scoop ice cream cone. IT WAS AWESOME..however, it melted faster than I could eat it so I had a complete mess. I can tell you that it was definitely worth the mess;) I plan on getting a cone there again but maybe not a double scoop!
(sidenote this is a note we left for Arthur...we hope he gets it but we won't know because we moved:)
No comments:
Post a Comment